Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Eye Check Up + Weekly Weigh In

Yesterday, we headed back to Wichita for yet another eye check up for Miss Marleigh.  We have still been patching her left eye every day for two hours.  I can't say it enough... I am so impressed with how well she does with wearing her eye patch.  I have patched one of my eyes just to see what it is like, and it is very challenging, and I have near perfect vision.

I am thrilled to report that her eyes are now both 20/20, while wearing her glasses.  Please keep in mind that just ten months ago, her right eye was 20/70.  I almost jumped up and down I was so excited!  We will continue the course we are one right now, patching 2 hours each day.  We will check her in October, and if she has maintained the 20/20 in both eyes, be will begin slowly reducing the patch time until we find the perfect maintenance level of patching.  If we patch it too much, her good eye may become weaker.  If we don't patch it enough, then it will more than likely grow weaker again.  The doctor said we want to for sure maintain the 20/20 in both eyes for a while, then try to gradually taper off wearing the eye patch to see if her eyes can maintain on their own.

What trip to Wichita is complete without a little shopping?  Marleigh is getting more and more opinionated about what she wears.  She has been begging for some sparklie shoes, so I obliged.  She was over the moon happy about them and wore them the second we got out of the store.  Hey, they weren't my first choice, but her reaction was well worth it.  Little girl is growing up and should be able to pick out some of her own clothes.  :)


She wouldn't take them off once we were home, either.  And then had to try them on with her jammies!  Love how something as simple as shoes can make her whole day!  

~~

Two weeks into my little mini challenge to be healthier.  I am down another 2 pounds!  Yay!  Mainly I ate a little better, but also exercised twice, which is huge for me.  Still no running, yet.  That is this weeks main goal.  Make myself run at least once!  

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Miss Marleigh! And I LOVE her sparkly shoes!! Do they come in my size? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news to read, Miss Marleigh!!! We LOVE those shoes!!! Hugs and kisses to all.
    Grandma and Grandpa J

    ReplyDelete