Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We have a crawler!

Marleigh has finally started to army crawl! The first time she was really crawling, we kind of "caught" her. She thought no one was around. We said, "good girl!" She looked up like, "crap! Now they know I can do it." She still likes to log roll all over. It is much more efficient for the time being, but she is starting to crawl more and more. I can't believe what a big girl she is getting to be.

Marleigh's other new favorite is patty cake. She'll clap her hands, then look at us. If we don't start in with patty cake, she claps again, a little harder and louder. It is pretty funny!

Saturday, we went to Hutch to babysit cousin Luke so that Aunt Shannon and Uncle Kyle could have a much needed and deserved night out. Daddy was feeding Marleigh dinner and I was giving Luke a bath. I was just getting him dressed when I heard Marc screaming for me. We went downstairs to find Marleigh, Daddy, and the carpet covered in puke. Marleigh's got a sensitive gag reflex. She must have swallowed wrong or something. Poor Daddy, it was everywhere. Luke was so good. When I was getting him dressed, I had pulled his shirt over his head, but hadn't gotten his arms through when I heard Marc yelling. I snatched him up and just ran downstairs. I put him down and told him to play for a few minutes while I helped Uncle Marc. He's such a good kid. He played for about 5 minutes without his arms in his shirt while we cleaned up the mess. I had kind of forgotten that his shirt wasn't all the way on. I looked over at him playing, and just laughed. Marc had to make a mad dash to Dillons to rent a rug doctor. Oh, what an adventure! We had fun, though.... minus the "incident". It is so much fun to watch the kids play together, especially as Marleigh is getting older and interacts more.

No comments:

Post a Comment