Friday, October 15, 2010

Natalie's Night














Natalie's Night at Wendy's was a huge success! I was told they normally do around $300-$400 from 5:00 to 8:00. They did almost $1300 on Tuesday night. Jason Toll said that the check will be for $250. Thanks again to Jason for allowing us to do this and for everyone who ate at Wendy's.
~~~~
I am the eternal optomist. I believe that the majority of people are good, kind, and honest. Well, apparently that is very naive on my part. We had a donation jar set up at Wendy's from Friday of last week until Wednesday. I know for a fact that there was at least $85 in it (that is just what our family had put in). When I went to pick up the jar there was only $9. I was crushed. I felt as if I had been slapped in the face. If someone needed money that badly that they had to steal from charity.... I guess I should pray for whoever it was.
To everyone that put money in the donation jar, I am truly sorry that someone robbed you of the opportunity to contribute to such a special project.
~~~~
I'm still taking donations through the end of the month. My initial goal (remember, I'm the eternal optomist) was $5000. I am very pleased to say that we now have raised $2800 in memory of Natalie. If there were only words to explain just how much this means to us and how lucky we feel to have such great friends and family.
Thank you.








No comments:

Post a Comment